Thursday 16 August 2007

Money - Good or Bad???

Here is a message I received today on MySpace:

I saw you put in a friends request and I went and took a gander at your page. I have to tell you sir I have no interest in grand prosperity. That is what is wrong with the world today. Every one is money hungry. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get what they want. They are all slaves to the almighty dollar. Even willing to kill children for it and all manners of evil in between unburdened by it. For me enlightenment isn't about getting rich. It is about Love and peace and happiness.It is about oneness with all. Not getting more and having more then the Joneses. Bless you Rose

(My reply) Dear Rose,
Many thanks for your response. I would not argue that the world is by and large driven by greed and ignorance in pursuit of more. What I would say is that the universe is naturally abundant and giving. Wouldn't it be nice if humanity adopted a similar outlook. I say that abundance is a great aspect of joyful living on the planet. In my mind there are no sharp divides between the good and godly poor and the bad and sinful rich. I believe this is a rather outdated way of thinking.

Dear Rose,
I know many generous wealthy people making a difference on the planet, and many poor people stuck in victim mentality simply adding to the suffering and stress around the globe. Of course there are also many greedy wealthy people and many noble poor people seeking to make the world a better place. I am not advocating money for its sake alone. Money makes a great servant yet a poor master. At a metaphysical level money is simply energy. It is neither good nor bad. It is the level of consciousness and the intent behind its use that makes it useful or harmful for the planet.

I am all for love, peace and happiness and I am certainly into Oneness. However, I see that the harm across the planet will not be rectified by prayer and good intentions alone. What the world needs is a different consciousness around money, and material success. I very much liked the old adage of Celtic Kings..."I rule to serve". I think the same attitude could be applied to mastering money.Anyway, just wanted to answer your message and I hope you now do not think I am interested in persuading people to kill, enslave or harm anyone.Blessings to you.

Blessings, Steve www.prosperitygame.co.uk

No comments: