Saturday 17 March 2007

Show Me The Money!!!!

Dear Steve
Thanks for a great Prosperity Connection on Wednesday - I really enjoyed it! I'm the same Claire who wrote to you a few weeks back about feeling guilty around money / work / debt etc and who shared with the group my experience pursuing work though employment agencies when all the results are actually saying 'try something else', so the trying something else was telling the group that I'm looking for work! It felt very empowering!
Two people came up to me at the end to ask about doing some work for them, but both were worried about being able to pay me...so on reflection I wondered what was going off there and if they were mirroring my own worries back to me? Maybe so!
This morning I realised I also need to be more specific and say I want to earn good money / get paid well for my work etc.
I have some bills to pay very shortly and a family constellation workshop next weekend (similar to the Essence Foundation work you mentioned. It feels like an important opportunity to help clear some old family patterns around work/money/debt etc).
So I've put an intention out - to SHOW ME THE MONEY and have £100 by Monday and another £200 by Friday to pay for these things. I'm trying not to get hung up on the 'how's'.

I'm not sure why this has come up but it felt important to write to you and Davide about all this (I've just finished a message to him), and something else said to share with you the results from a "Strengthsfinder" exercise I did last year. My top 5 strengths came out as follows:

Individualization
: These people are intrigued with the unique qualities for each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.

Maximizer:These people focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.

Connectedness: People strong in this theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.

Strategic: People with this theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.

Input:These people have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.

I love all these strengths - they are very "me"!!! I feel like things are starting to shift and new steps being taken towards finding & doing work I love, earning money and clearing my debt, but here's still a lot of fog and confusion around (I know confusion can be helpful though!), so if there's anything else that comes to you it would be great to hear about. Thank you! Claire

___________________________________________
Steve's response: Hi Claire, Good to meet you at the group.
How about getting some work that does pay you some money? Seems fair enough!
By the way these are certainly great strengths.
I would say how about getting a little clearer on what you want to show up in your life? You know intention works best when it is both specific and open. Specific in that you give the universe some information and direction on what you want, and open to how that is delivered to you.
I would also say try and avoid setting yourself up for failure by setting overly tight deadlines. I have seen this one compound a lot of upset. Rather see the outcome you want. See yourself completing the seminar for instance. Practice small wins. Remember small achievable steps are easier than larger leaps of faith. If the time is not right now, then the universe will bring it to you at another time.

Hope this is helpful.
Blessings
Steve

No comments: